hbase-user mailing list archives

From Hayden Marchant <hayd...@amobee.com>
Subject Upgrading a coprocessor
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:52:23 GMT
I have been using a RegionObserver coprocessor on my HBase 0.94.6 cluster for quite a while
and it works great. I am currently upgrading the functionality. When doing some testing in
our integration environment I met with the issue that even when I uploaded a new version of
my coprocessor jar to HDFS, HBase did not recognize it, and it kept using the old version.

I even disabled/reenabled the table - no help. Even with a new table, it still loads old class.
Only when I changed the location of the jar in HDFS, did it load the new version.

I looked at the source code of CoprocessorHost and I see that it is forever holding a classloaderCache
with no mechanism for clearing it out.

I assume that if I restart the region server it will take the new version of my coprocessor.

Is there any workaround for upgrading a coprocessor without either changing the path, or restarting
the HBase region server?

Thanks,
Hayden