hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vrushali C <vrush...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: Put related Region server connection
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 17:58:10 GMT
Thanks Ted!

So in my design, if I have a 1000  processes running (say each runs for an hour or so ) who
may be doing their puts every other minute to a hbase cluster of 100 region servers then that
means 1000 x 100 open connections at any given moment?

Is this going to be a terrible way to do it? Should I be grouping them together somehow, like
maybe these 1000 processes send their puts to say some other 5 processes who then send it
to hbase ?

Also, is there any recommendation to how many open connections per region server at a time?