hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gautam <gautamkows...@gmail.com>
Subject Copying data from 94 to 98 ..
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:58:33 GMT
Hello,
          I'm trying to copy data between Hbase clusters on different
versions. I am using :

/usr/bin/hbase  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.ExportSnapshot
  -chuser hbase
  -chgroup hadoop
  -snapshot msg_snapshot
  -mappers 50
  -copy-from hftp://src-cluster:50070/hbase
  -copy-to hdfs:/dest-cluster:8020/hbase

Till now, based on various tips from the mailing list, I have modified the
source cluster data dir paths to mimic the 98 convention (archive, table
data paths, etc). This helped in jumping some roadblocks but not all.

This is what I see now :

14/09/15 23:34:59 ERROR snapshot.ExportSnapshot: Snapshot export failed
java.io.IOException
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotManifestV1.loadRegionManifests(SnapshotManifestV1.java:145)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotManifest.load(SnapshotManifest.java:265)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotManifest.open(SnapshotManifest.java:119)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotReferenceUtil.visitTableStoreFiles(SnapshotReferenceUtil.java:125)
..
Caused by: java.io.IOException: read=-1, wanted=4
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.Reference.read(Reference.java:175)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFileInfo.<init>(StoreFileInfo.java:115)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionFileSystem.getStoreFiles(HRegionFileSystem.java
..

Fails while trying to read refernce hfile. Is this something folks have
done before and/or is possible to do? I'd really like to do this without
having to upgrade my source cluster or downgrade my dest cluster.

I'm using 94.6 on source cluster and 98.1 on dest cluster.

Cheers,
-Gautam.