hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nishanth S <nishanth.2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wide Rows vs Multiple column families
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:00:37 GMT
Hbase Release: 0.96.1
Number of column families at which issue is observed is 2.Earlier I had one
single column family  where all the data was persisted.In the new case I
was  storing all meta data into column family 1(less than 1k) and  a blob
on second column family(around 7Kb).
We have 9 node cluster with 7 hbase region servers and using hadoop 2.3.0.

I am also using asynch hbase client 1.5  for  ingesting data into hbase.I
had to spawn multiple put requests in this case because there is no API for
sending insert requests to multiple column family.

Thanks,
Nishan