hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kevin <kevin.macksa...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase custom filter protocol buffers
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 19:55:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm making the switch from 0.92.1 to 0.98.1, and I'm in the process of
updating all my custom filters to conform to the new HBase Filter API. I
have quite a few custom filters, so my question is: Must I create a custom
protocol buffer for each of my filters or I can reuse the custom logic that
I had in writeFields() and readFields() in toByteArray() and
parseFrom(byte[]), respectively?

I did post this same question on Cloudera's CDH User Google group, but I
figured it was better suited to be asked on the official HBase mailing
list. (Sorry for posting in multiple locations.)

Thanks,
Kevin