hbase-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Kwan <thomas.k...@manage.com>
Subject Re: Region Server on all data node?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 18:43:55 GMT
Thanks Ted for the pointer. A follow-up question.

Will the region server always write data to its local hdfs? I am
seeing logs that said the region server is trying to get data from
another data nodes. Under what scenario will a region server needs to
get data from a non-local data node?

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Region server should be installed on server which is a data node.
> Region server count may be lower than data node count. So some data nodes
> would not have region server running.
> See http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#regions.arch.locality
> Cheers
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM, Thomas Kwan <thomas.kwan@manage.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> To get good read performance, should the region server be installed on
>> every data node? (Thinking about data locality here)
>> thanks
>> thomas

View raw message