hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tianying Chang <tych...@gmail.com>
Subject Dump hfile to verify hbase delete order
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 18:27:22 GMT
Hi,

I did a small test, want to verify that DeleteMarker is placed before any
Put of the same row/version, for example:

put 't1', 'cf1', 'v1', 100
delete 't1', 'cf1', 100
flush 't1'

But when I dump the hfile being flushed out with command below:

hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile -p -v -f myHfile

It only shows one entry for the Delete, but no Put. I thought it should
print out two entries, ordered with Delete first. Since I did not run major
compaction, all entries should be present in the HFile. Am I missing
anything here?

Do I have to have RETAIN_DELETED so that HFile will contain both Put and
Delete? I feel it shouldn't.

Thanks

Tian-Ying