hbase-user mailing list archives

From Li Li <fancye...@gmail.com>
Subject question about incremental backup and cluster replication
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 04:11:46 GMT
hi all,
    in my application, most of the time, we do not write to hbase but
only read. Every a few hours(or even a day), We do a lot of write
operations to hbase intensively. To avoid data lost, we also want
backup our data every day(or week)
    I know hbase has advanced features like backup and cluster
replication. can they solve my problem?
    If I am using traditional rdbms like mysql, I will use
master/slaves cluster. master only service write requests and slave
service read requests. Because my application do not need real time
feature, So I can tolerant latency.  For data safety, I can monthly
full backup all data and incremental backup every day.
    How can I do this in hbase?