hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Coming Meetups: 9/25 @ Continuuity in PA, 10/15 @ Google in NYC, and 10/27 @ Apple, Cupertino
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:38:11 GMT
Just a word about some meetups happening this month and next:

On 9/25 at Continuuity in Palo Alto [1], the lads from Continuuity will be
making some nice announcements (some more open-sourcing I believe) with
some sweet demos to boot.  Sang Li of FlipBoard will talk about HBase @
Flipboard and Mikhail Antonov will talk possible master topologies going
forward.

On the night before Strata/Hadoop World in NYC, the good folks at the
Google Chelsea office are hosting a meetup where our Nick Dimiduk, with
some help from others, will talk up the state of HBase 1.0.  Register here
[2].

And at the end of the month, our friends, who make nice watches -- the ones
in Cupertino -- will be hosting a meetup on Infinite Loop (don't get
lost!).  They'll talk of how they use HBase.  Our Lars Hofhansl will do an
update on his popular perf talk and Francis Yiu of Yahoo! will talk
multi-tenancy.  Register here [3].

Hope to see ye at one of the above,
Yours,
HBase Meetup Organizers

P.S. If you are interested in presenting at any of the above, write one of
the organizers.
P.P.S. Please sign up only if it is highly likely that you are going to
come. Space is limited.  Folks on waiting lists feel left out and are
understandably reluctant to commit.  Our poor hosts also go by the meetup
RSVP count and order pizza and beer to match.  The correspondance between
the number who show and those who've signed up is often erratic. Often our
host is stuck trying to dispose of too-much cold pizza. Help us keep on our
hosts good side. Thanks.

1. http://www.meetup.com/hbaseusergroup/events/203173692/
2. http://www.meetup.com/HBase-NYC/events/207655552/
3. here: http://www.meetup.com/hbaseusergroup/events/207386102/