hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Nested data structures examples for HBase
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 20:37:46 GMT
You do realize that everything you store in Hbase are byte arrays, right? That is each cell
is a blob.

So you have the ability to create nested structures like… JSON records? ;-)

So to your point. You can have a column A which represents a set of values.

This is one reason why you shouldn’t think of HBase in terms of being relational. In fact
for Hadoop, you really don’t want to think in terms of relational structures.
Think more of Hierarchical.

So yes, you can do what you want to do…

HTH

-Mike