hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Silly question... Coprocessor writes to ZK?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 22:48:01 GMT
So suppose I want to capture metadata about a table across all of the regions for that table.

Has anyone used a coprocessor to capture a region’s statistics and push them up to ZK where
its stored by (table, region, <metadata object>) and then a table wide value is also
stored based on a computational update?

So if I wanted to store the row counts for each region of a table,  each region would update
its record in ZK on each insert / delete (can you easily remove a tombstone?) and then update
the computational value?
(Assuming you could lock those values for a short enough time to do the quick computation.
If not, then it can be computed on the fly)

Has this been done?

View raw message