hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Kiran Kumar.M.R" <Kiran.Kumar...@huawei.com>
Subject Thrift-vs-Thrift2
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:56:00 GMT
Hi,
Our customers were using Hbase-0.94 through thrift1 (C++ clients).
Now HBase is getting upgraded to 0.98.x

I see that thrift2 development is going on (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8818)
Customers are interested in continuing to use thrift1 as they are not interested in new capability
given in thrift2 and also minimize their application changes as much as possible.

What should be our direction in using thrift interface?

-        Shall we continue to use thrift1? (Will this continue to be supported, I see some
mail threads on making it deprecated)

-        Or suggest our customers to switch to thrift2?

Regards,
Kiran
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended