hbase-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <brian.jelt...@digitalenvoy.net>
Subject problem restoring snapshot
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:19:36 GMT
I exported a snapshot to another cluster, same version of all software. A restore_snapshot
on the target
system hung and eventually timed out, I think due to file ownership issues. I restored hbase
ownership
to everything in /apps/hbase and tried the restore_snapshot again. It’s still hanging, but
in the master logs I’m seeing:

   clone snapshot={ ss=foo-9-25-14 table=Foo type=FLUSH } failed because A clone should not
have regions to restore

However, I was able to do a clone_snapshot to a table with a different name. Does anyone know
what this means and how to get past it? (HBase 0.98)

Thanks
Brian