hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wellington Chevreuil <wellington.chevre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access hbase remotely from java client
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:05:16 GMT
Hi,

You should not do this, as localhost should resolve to the own host. This is probably some
missing property on the clients hbase configuration (make sure you have a proper hbase-site.xml
on client's classpath or set configuration programatically). As a start, check if you had
set the properties below on your client's hbase config.

 <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
    <value>ZK_HOSTS</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
    <value>2181</value>
  </property>

On 29 Sep 2014, at 13:43, SACHINGUPTA <sachin@datametica.com> wrote:

> Hello guys
>
> I am using the hbase java api to connect to hbase remotely, but when I executed the java
code, got |MasterNotRunningException|. When I debugged the code, I came to know that zookeeper
was returning the address of hmaster as localhost.localdomain, so the client was trying to
search for the hmaster locally. When I changed the |/etc/hosts| file of my local machine from
where i am running the java client as:

> |<ip of the master>  localhost.localdomain|
>
> then it worked fine.
>
> However, I think that this is not the right way. I think I have to change the addresses
somewhere in the configuration of zookeeper, but I did not get it.