hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there any way to truncate the hbase table but keep all the regions
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2014 05:03:56 GMT
If you have a patch I am happy to commit it to 0.94 (if it's not too invasive).

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Weichen YE <yeweichen2010@gmail.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: Is there any way to truncate the hbase table but keep all the regions

Hi,Jean-Marc,

      Thank you very much for you reply. You really solve my problem !
       I`m using HBase0.94.2-cdh4.2.0, in this version I got only
"truncate". But I still have a test cluster which is HBase0.98.1-cdh5.1.0,
I found the "truncate_preserve" in Hbase0.98.

       Next step I`ll going to find some JIRA patch for "truncate_preserve"
and backport to my 0.94 cluster.