hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase - Performance issue
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2014 03:12:21 GMT
Thinking about it again, if you ran into a HBASE-7336 you'd see high CPU load, but *not* IOWAIT.
0.94 is at 0.94.23, you should upgrade. A lot of fixes, improvements, and performance enhancements
went in since 0.94.4.
You can do a rolling upgrade straight to 0.94.23.

With that out of the way, can you post a jstack of the processes that experience high wait
times?

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: kiran <kiran.sarvabhotla@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org; lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 6, 2014 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: HBase - Performance issue

Lars,

We are facing a similar situation on the similar cluster configuration... We are having high
I/O wait percentages on some machines in our cluster... We have short circuit reads enabled
but still we are facing the similar problem.. the cpu wait goes upto 50% also in some case
while issuing scan commands with multiple threads.. Is there a work around other than applying
the patch for 0.94.4 ??

Thanks
Kiran

You may have run into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7336 (which is in 0.94.4)