hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gus Spathis <...@xogito.com>
Subject RegionServer starting with no regions
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:22:34 GMT
Hey Folks,

Have somewhat of a weird issue, not really sure what the cause is. Basically we
have a 10 node hbase cluster running CDH5 and hbase When we
start our cluster one or two region server will have no regions associated to
them. If I then manually run a balancer in hbase shell, regions get re-assigned
fine across all region servers and things work great. Also, if I don't run
balancer manually the cluster will slowly migrate regions to that server but
very very slowly.

My question is why do 1 or 2 region servers get no regions assigned and how can
we avoid this? Can't
find anything in the logs (or I may be looking in the wrong place).

Gus Spathis
Xogito Group

...Radical Thinking...

View raw message