hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Tuttle <...@mentacapital.com>
Subject RE: HBase client hangs after client-side OOM
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 22:19:39 GMT
Hello All-

It sounds like upgrading our zookeeper client would be a good idea. Can anyone provide some
guidelines on compatibility of HBase 0.94.16 with ZK 3.4.X? How about compatibility of ZK
client 3.4.X w/ ZK server 3.3.4?  I've read a few contradictory things about ZK client/server
compatibility across 3.3/3.4 releases.

Thanks,
Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Tuttle [mailto:ted@mentacapital.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:43 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: dev@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: RE: HBase client hangs after client-side OOM

Hello Esteban-

At the time of the ZK connection problems the client had an OOM event. However, the client
machine overall was in fine shape looking at ganglia reports;  it certainly wasn't swapping
or spending significant cycles on I/O wait.

Similarly, our zookeeper server was real chilled as it always is.

Regarding client configuration:

<property>
    <!--Loaded from hbase-default.xml-->
    <name>hbase.client.pause</name>