hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: state-of-the-art method for merging regions on v0.94
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 18:25:50 GMT
Yep, did it ;) (20:1 reduction, about 10K regions) You really need to
understand what you are doing when doing that.

Off line merge will need some downtimes and depending on the version you
use might have some issues. Can still find work arround, but again, you
need to know.

Another option is to copy your data into another table where regions are
bigger...

What HBase version do you run? 0.94.?

JM