hbase-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vivekanand Ittigi <vi...@biginfolabs.com>
Subject Re: Unable to read HBase data from solr
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 04:12:13 GMT
No Ted, I did not see hbase-default.xml after running the command.

Im building maven using this command (mvn clean install), i guess everyone
does this way only.

Anyway I'm attaching the jar and groovy script as well. My class is
com.search.ReadHbase.java.

-Vivek


On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

> bq. im building it using maven
>
> maven may have included hbase-default.xml in your jar.
> Can you pastebin the output of the following command ?
>
> jar tvf <your-jar> | grep hbase
>
>
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Vivekanand Ittigi <vivek@biginfolabs.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Im not seeing any hbase-default.xml since that jar is built using Maven.
>>
>> If I had exported (Runnable jar) the same package using eclipse IDE i'd
>> have seen hbase-default.xml file on opening <a package which hits my
>> HBase>.jar but instead of exporting im building it using maven and placing
>> the jar in solr lib.
>>
>> Note: when i open this hbase-0.94.10.jar (in solr lib) i can see
>> hbase-default.xml.
>>
>> -Vivek
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> bq. <a package which hits my HBase>.jar
>>>
>>> Can you check the contents of the above jar to see if it contains
>>> hbase-default.xml ?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 5:49 AM, Vivekanand Ittigi <
>>> vivek@biginfolabs.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Ted,
>>>>
>>>> echo $CLASSPATH
>>>> /home/biginfolabs/BILSftwrs/hbase-0.94.10/conf
>>>>
>>>> under "/home/biginfolabs/BILSftwrs/hbase-0.94.10/conf", I've
>>>> hbase-site.xml.
>>>>
>>>> Actually i've made one more folder called "custom-lib" under
>>>> solr-4.2.0/example/lib and this path in pointed in solrconfig.xml using the
>>>> following command:
>>>>
>>>> <lib dir="/home/biginfolabs/solr/solr-4.2.0/example/lib/custom-lib"
>>>> regex=".*\.jar" />
>>>>
>>>> And under /home/biginfolabs/solr/solr-4.2.0/example/lib/custom-lib I've hbase-0.94.10.jar,
>>>> hadoop-core-1.0.4.jar, <a package which hits my HBase>.jar
>>>>
>>>> Hope you got what you wanted..?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -Vivek
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Can you show us the contents of solr lib and the classpath ?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>
>>>>> On Aug 13, 2014, at 4:47 AM, Vivekanand Ittigi <vivek@biginfolabs.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> > I'm trying to read specific HBase data and index into solr using
>>>>> groovy
>>>>> > script in "/update" handler of solrconfig file but I'm getting the
>>>>> error
>>>>> > mentioned below
>>>>> >
>>>>> > I'm placing the same HBase jar on which i'm running in solr lib.
Many
>>>>> > article said
>>>>> >
>>>>> > WorkAround:
>>>>> > 1. First i thought that class path has two default xmls and its
>>>>> throwing
>>>>> > the error because one of the two is from some older version of hbase
>>>>> jar.
>>>>> > But the class path has no hbase jar.
>>>>> > 2. Setting "hbase.default.for.version.
>>>>> > skip" to true in hbase-site.xml and adding that to class path
>>>>> >
>>>>> > But still im getting the same error. I think solr internally reads
>>>>> > hbase-site.xml file but do not know from where..?
>>>>> >
>>>>> > Please help me.. If further info is needed i'm ready to provide
>>>>> >
>>>>> >
>>>>> > SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unable to invoke
>>>>> function
>>>>> > processAdd in script: update-script.groovy:
>>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException:
>>>>> > hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old version of HBase
>>>>> (null),
>>>>> > this version is 0.94.10
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> >
>>>>> org.apache.solr.update.processor.StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory$ScriptUpdateProcessor.invokeFunction(StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.java:433)
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> >
>>>>> org.apache.solr.update.processor.StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory$ScriptUpdateProcessor.processAdd(StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.java:374)
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> >
>>>>> org.apache.solr.handler.loader.XMLLoader.processUpdate(XMLLoader.java:246)
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> org.apache.solr.handler.loader.XMLLoader.load(XMLLoader.java:173)
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> >
>>>>> org.apache.solr.handler.UpdateRequestHandler$1.load(UpdateRequestHandler.java:92)
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> >
>>>>> org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:74)
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> >
>>>>> org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:135)
>>>>> >    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1797)
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> >
>>>>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:637)
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> >
>>>>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:343)
>>>>> >    at
>>>>> >
>>>>> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:141)
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message