hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop John <anoop.hb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.5 release candidate (RC0) is available, vote closing 8/11/2014
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 05:20:27 GMT
Running the IT  IntegrationTestIngestWithVisibilityLabels  fails.  This is
because we are not handling the Deletes in
LoadTestDataGeneratorWithVisibilityLabels.
As it is an issue only with IT test and no code level issues, you can take
a call Andy.    I have raised HBASE-11716 and attached a simple patch.

-Anoop-

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 8:33 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:

> This is PE, so perhaps HBASE-11558 is operative. Or if you are running the
> test against a minicluster, perhaps HBASE-11621
>
> ​Unfortunately I'm not set up yet for the small cluster YCSB tests I've run
> for previous 0.98 RCs. Next time.​ Any help providing insight as to perf
> changes in this release to the previous would be much appreciated J-M, even
> if they come in after the release.
>

> On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 3:33 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> jean-marc@spaggiari.org
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Are you excepting big performances improvement for this release? I see
> > pretty big improvements for the following tests:
> > RandomScanWithRange1000Test SequentialReadTest
> > I will now run YCSB but I'm wondering if I need to re-run the 2 tests
> above
> > or if this is expected...
> >
> > JM

> > > +1
> > >
> > > - installed -hadoop2 bin tar ball
> > > - checked contents, documentation, checksums, etc
> > > - inserted some data, checked with raw-scans, flushed, compacted,
> > inserted
> > > again, checked again. All good.
> > > - downloaded source tarball, checked contents, CHANGES.txt, etc.
> > >

> > > -- Lars

PMC will be required to