hbase-user mailing list archives

From yun peng <pengyunm...@gmail.com>
Subject Server-side tracing in HBase (or how deep the tracing is)
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 15:01:57 GMT
Hi,
I am using HTracing-0.3.4 with LocalFileSpanReceiver in HBase-0.99-SNAPSHOT
(in branch1 as of now). I have enabled the tracing configuration (i.e. in
hbase-site.xml) at both client and server side. I am running HBase in a
psuedo-dstributed mode, that is, 2 region servers, one hmaster and one
zookeeper, as different processes but in one machine.

The traces I got is mostly the interactions between zookeeper and
Hbase-client thread.
I am asking how I can enable the trace collection on the server side, like
RPC involving HMaster, and Regionserver. Or does the current hbase-trace
support such server-side tracing? and how deep (thread-level or RPC-level)
the hbase-trace is?

--
Best,
Yun