hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the difference between "hbase.server.thread.wakefrequency" and "hbase.hregion.majorcompaction"?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:54:51 GMT
See explanation for the following parameter (from hbase refguide)

hbase.server.compactchecker.interval.multiplier
The number that determines how often we scan to see if compaction is
necessary. Normally, compactions are done after some events (such as
memstore flush), but if region     didn't receive a lot of writes for some
time, or due to different compaction policies, it may be necessary to check
it periodically. The interval between checks is hbase.
server.compactchecker.interval.multiplier multiplied by
hbase.server.thread.wakefrequency.
Default. 1000
Cheers