hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: serving static images using HBase
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 08:09:44 GMT
Hi Serega,

Yes, some have done it already:
http://www.slideshare.net/jacque74/hug-hbase-presentation however there are
caveats to consider: compactions, splits, sizes of the regions, etc.

Currently there is work in progress in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11339 and that will help users
 to address this need to store medium size binary objects directly in HBase
without the side effects of compactions and region splits.

cheers,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.