hbase-user mailing list archives

From Geovanie Marquez <geovanie.marq...@gmail.com>
Subject Aggresive compactions
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 14:17:35 GMT
I notice that when I have a regions with store file counts greater
than hbase.hstore.blockingStoreFiles,
on cluster startup the number drops dramatically under this value to just
under the blockingStoreFile parameter value in a relative short amount of
time and then it stalls and doesn't fall more (as aggressively). i.e. if
the value was 200 it drops to 198 and just stays there.

I'd like to make my compactions aggressive for a limited time while I run a
job for massive deletes. How could I accomplish this?

Is there a setting for allocating more resources to compactions. Assumimg
there is nothing else running on the cluster at this time.