hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: RS storage capacity mismatches
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:35:39 GMT
Hi Ted!

HBase doesn't currently take local node resources into account when
balancing across region servers. There's currently some discussion on
HBASE-11780 about building this funtionality[1]. I'm sure they'd love more
input or details about the scale you'd need to work at.

-Sean

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11780

--
Sean