hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shahab Yunus <shahab.yu...@gmail.com>
Subject Splitting an existing table with new keys.
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:11:07 GMT
I have a table already created and with some data. I want to split it
trough code using HBaseAdmin api into multiple regions, while specifying
keys that do not exist in the table.

I am getting the exception below which makes sense because the key doesn't
exist yet. But at the time of creation of the table we can indeed pre-split
it using keys that don't exist.

Is it possible to do it for table that already exists and has data?

*Caused by:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RemoteWithExtrasException(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException):
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: *

Using Hbase: 0.98.1-cdh5.1.0

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Shahab