hbase-user mailing list archives

From nipra <prabhakar.nik...@gmail.com>
Subject Mixing multiple replication modes
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:01:29 GMT
Hi,

We've HBase replication clusters in Master-Slave mode. Soon we'll be
migrating our clusters to a different datacenter. Will it be a good idea to
create a replication topology as mentioned below while we're migrating to
another datacenter.

cluster1 in DC1
cluster2 in DC1

cluster3 in DC2
cluster4 in DC2

cluster1 as master and cluster2 as slave in Master-Slave mode.
cluster3 as master and cluster4 as slave in Master-Slave mode.
cluster1 as master and cluster3 as master in Master-Master mode.

In ideal situation either cluster1 or cluster3 will get writes. Eventually
we'll just have cluster3 and cluster4 in Master-Slave mode and cluster1 and
cluster2 will be removed as the datacenter migration completes.

We're using CDH 4.3.0 (HBase 0.94.6).

-- nipra