hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase latest stable version
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:10:46 GMT
The latest stable version of HBase is 0.98.5.
​​
The upgrade procedure for 0.94 -> 0.96 can be applied in the exact same
manner to 0.94 -> 0.98. There is no need to upgrade through 0.96 as an
intermediate step.
​​
We discussed this recently and I expect we are going to stop supporting (as
a community) 0.96 soon. ​​
​​
​​
​​
​​
n Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Amit Sela <amits@infolinks.com> wrote:

> ​​
> Hi all,
> ​​
>
> ​​
> We're running with Hadoop 1.0.4 and HBase 0.94.12 and thinking of upgrading
> ​​
> to Hadoop 2 but I'm not sure which is the latest HBase stable version 0.96
> ​​
> or 0.98 ?
> ​​
> Would you recommend upgrading straight to 0.98 ?
> ​​
>
> ​​
> Thanks,
> ​​