hbase-user mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject Scan output to file on each regserver node?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 23:26:40 GMT
Dear experts ,

I understand that I can do a simple command like:

echo "scan 'table1'"| hbase she'll > myoutput

This scenario i am thinking is to:
1) output to local file system(like Linux ) instead of hdfs
2) each regserver only output its only data to it's node's file system

To elaborate the 2) a bit. Basically, this will be like export Hbase data to local file system
without going through network. And on each node, one file will be created.

Is there a way to achieve it? Actually the receiving side of 1) doesn't have to be a file
system , it can be another process to process the data. But let's use file system to simplify
the scenario for now.

Thanks

Demai on the run