hbase-user mailing list archives

From Masatake Iwasaki <iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: Server-side tracing in HBase (or how deep the tracing is)
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 15:48:05 GMT
 > The traces I got is mostly the interactions between zookeeper and
 > Hbase-client thread.

Can you see at least one trace from client to master or regionserver?
If so, it's working correctly.

 > I am asking how I can enable the trace collection on the server side, like
 > RPC involving HMaster, and Regionserver. Or does the current hbase-trace
 > support such server-side tracing? and how deep (thread-level or RPC-level)
 > the hbase-trace is?

Tracing is based on RPC.
Downstream RPCs from server processing your traced request to another server are traced.
Also you can add custom tracing points.
grepping "startSpan" in HBase source code shows you them.
Not so many in released server code.

(8/9/14, 8:01), yun peng wrote:> Hi,