hbase-user mailing list archives

From sreenivasulu y <sreenivasul...@huawei.com>
Subject RegionServer failed in logsplitting, wal.HLogSplitter: Got while writing log entry to log
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 01:37:30 GMT
Hi,

I am running a cluster with 4 node and  HDFS in HA mode.
Machine1, machine2, machine3 and machine4.
And I am performing the following operations respectively.
1. create table with precreated regions.
2. insert 1000 records into the table.
3. Disable the table.
4. Modify the table.
5. enable the table.
6. disable and delete the table.

While performing the above operations step3 and step4, machine3 regionserver went down.
But in machine1 thrown the following error
2014-07-11 08:23:58,933 FATAL [RS_LOG_REPLAY_OPS-HOST-10-18-40-69:60020-0-Writer-10] wal.HLogSplitter:
 Got while writing log entry to log
java.io.IOException: cannot get log writer
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogFactory.createWriter(HLogFactory.java:197)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogFactory.createRecoveredEditsWriter(HLogFactory.java:182)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter.createWriter(HLogSplitter.java:643)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter$LogRecoveredEditsOutputSink.createWAP(HLogSplitter.java:1223)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter$LogRecoveredEditsOutputSink.getWriterAndPath(HLogSplitter.java:1200)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter$LogRecoveredEditsOutputSink.append(HLogSplitter.java:1243)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter$WriterThread.writeBuffer(HLogSplitter.java:851)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter$WriterThread.doRun(HLogSplitter.java:843)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter$WriterThread.run(HLogSplitter.java:813)
and machine 1 also down..

please help me why the machine1 regionserver went down.

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by phone or email immediately and delete it!