hbase-user mailing list archives

From "leiwangouc@gmail.com" <leiwang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: How to get specific rowkey from hbase
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:10:13 GMT

Actually i mean how to do randomly get in MapReduce, not scan.

Let me give a detailed description of my requirement:
There's a Hbase table contais all the users(about 2G) we collected, and the rowkey is the
user id.
Every hour there comes some user info(5M~10M)
For every coming user, get(HBase Get) the info from HBase, do a merge with the current hour
info and put to HBase again. (If the user not exists in HBase, just consider this hour info)

Now the getting step is done on one machine, i want to do it distributly with MapReduce.

From: Shahab Yunus
Date: 2014-08-11 20:10
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to get specific rowkey from hbase
You can use the util classes provided already. Note that it won't be very
fast and you might want to try out bulk import as well (especially if it is
one time or rare occurrence.) It depends on your use case. Check out the
documentation below:
For the Map Reduce Hbase util:
For Hbase Bulk import:
On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 7:14 AM, leiwangouc@gmail.com <leiwangouc@gmail.com>