hbase-user mailing list archives

From ozhang <ozhangu...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase set memstore size to 0
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2014 13:37:58 GMT
In our hbase cluster memstore flush size is 128 mb. And to insert data to
tables, we only use bulk load tool. Since bulk loading bypasses memstores,
they are never used, so we want to minimize memstore flush size. But
memstore flush size is used in many important calculations in hbase such

region split size = Min (R^2 * “hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size”,

So setting memstore value smaller or "0" for example,  results in some other
What do you suggest us in that case. Setting memstore size to 128 holds some
memory for tens of regions in region server and we want to get rid of it.
Thanks a lot.