hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Michael.Cavlin" <77231...@qq.com>
Subject What's the exact procedure of making a custom filter work?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 07:49:45 GMT
HBase version: hbase-0.98.2-hadoop1, stand-alone mode.‍

I extends FilterBase, then writes NOTHING in it, put the jar into lib, run a scan with it,
nothing happens. It keeps going like forever

Then I tried edit the Filter.proto and generated new FilterProto.java, compile it and put
those files into hbase-protocol-0.98.2-hadoop1.jar.‍
Same.

The only way to make it work is by extending an existed filter, but it works exactly as that
one, even after I override it's functions.
Michael.Calvin.Shi