hbase-user mailing list archives

From Deepa Jayaveer <deepa.jayav...@tcs.com>
Subject reg HBase table structure
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:27:35 GMT
Hi,
I’m running HBase 0.94.  We are trying to create a table to load
store -product level sales /margin /sales units details at weekly level
for 3 years.
Like
Store1 -Product1 -Week1 - sales$- Margin$- Sales unit $
Store1 -Product1 -Week2- sales$- Margin$- Sales unit $
Store1 -Product1 -Week156- sales$- Margin$- Sales unit $

The row key is Store Id _Product Id_WeekID but   it is taking long time to
fetch when we do sub string  to get
the aggregated sales  at product level .

I really doubt on the table design. Can i store the data vertically weekly
level or can i store the sku data with all the  sales information
columnwise. can anyone suggest on this.

Thanks
Deepa

.