hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication in Hbase
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:00:17 GMT
Please also see 17.8.8 under http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#ops.snapshots

Cheers

On Jul 22, 2014, at 1:57 AM, Wellington Chevreuil <wellington.chevreuil@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you need to run a ZK instance apart from HBase. But if your main goal is to copy
data from one cluster to another, you may use other options, such as CopyTable, Bulkload,
or Export/Import tools. Replication will not copy data already inserted previously on your
source Hbase, it only replicates transactions as it happens, from source to destination, only
once replication has been enabled.

> http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html#copytable
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html#export
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html#completebulkload
>

> On 22 Jul 2014, at 07:09, Vimal Jain <vkjk89@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One more info ,
>> After putting some data in master cluster , i am getting below in its
>> regionserver log.
>>
>> 2014-07-22 11:38:14,032 INFO
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: Getting
>> 1 rs from peer cluster # 1
>> 2014-07-22 11:38:14,032 INFO
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource:
>> Choosing peer XYZ,60020,1406009110004
>> 2014-07-22 11:38:15,032 DEBUG
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: Since
>> we are unable to replicate, sleeping 1000 times 10
>>
>> where XYZ is my slave cluster's machine.
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Vimal Jain <vkjk89@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have 2 Hbase clusters setup in different data center.
>>> Both are configured in pseudo-distributed mode.
>>> I followed the steps in Hbase Replication
>>> <https://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/replication/package-summary.html#requirements>
>>> .
>>> But i am getting following logs in master cluster's region server log.
>>>
>>> 2014-07-22 11:19:19,186 DEBUG
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: Opening
>>> log for replication ip-10-14-24-19%2C60020%2C1405945008796.1406006236991 at
>>> 134
>>> 2014-07-22 11:19:19,193 DEBUG