hbase-user mailing list archives

From Giuseppe Reina <g.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it safe to delete oldWAL files?
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:43:17 GMT
Hi all,
   after running a write intensive workload on HBase (0.98) I exhausted the
HDFS space. I realized that most of the HDFS space was occupied by files in
the path /apps/hbase/data/oldWALs/
Apparently either the old log files were not cleaned quickly enough or they
were not cleaned at all.  I'm wondering if I can safely delete those files
and if I can how can I do it? Manually or is there an "hbase" command?

Also as an unrelated question, where are stored the -ROOT- and -META-
information in zookeeper?

Kind Regards