hbase-user mailing list archives

From Saeed Zareian <zare...@yorku.ca>
Subject HBase- Duplicate Values When Adding Column
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 21:11:27 GMT
I'm trying to store some location (latitude,longitude) values in HBase. I
decided to add a column each time I have a new value from my HashMap of key
and value pairs. My HashMap is like following:

*{lat:43.7719802, lon:-79.5008048}* *(A sample JSon representation of

And here is my code:

HTable table = new HTable(hBaseConfig, TableName);
for (Map.Entry<String, String> entry : Columns.entrySet()) {
                    Append a = new Append(rowKey);
Bytes.toBytes(entry.getKey()), Bytes.toBytes(entry.getValue()));

But When I want to retrieve values, They are stored redundant. I mean they
are glued together in one cell mutiple times for each value, like this:

I'm using HBase 0.94.15-cdh4.7.0 library in my code.

Does anybody know a clue for solving this problem?