hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Calculate number of records in write buffer
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:21:05 GMT
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 3:34 AM, varshar <varsha.raveendran@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The WriteRequestCount metric is incremented by only 1 for one batch
> insert and not by the number of records inserted.

I think you're correct, this is a bug. Do you mind filing a ticket?
HRegion.doMiniBatchMutation looks like it's already counting the number of
puts, so the patch should be simple.

Is there any API/method to calculate the total number of puts in the write
> buffer before it is flushed?

Have you looked at the metric
Hadoop.HBase.RegionServer.Server.Mutate_num_ops ? Does it have the same
issue as the region-level metric?

-n