hbase-user mailing list archives

From Intae Kim <inking...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How Hbase achieves efficient random access?
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 09:02:24 GMT
Except memstore, blockcache, hfile count etc..

Simply stated, data are sorted in file called HFile (composed of  blocks)
when client try to access data, hbase search proper block in file and load
block to check if the block has the data.

See HFile Format in more details, (meta index, data index ...)

Good Luck!!