hbase-user mailing list archives

From Qiang Tian <tian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase region servers refuse connection
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 03:06:12 GMT
Hi, below is more details.

the read0 stacktrace you see means reader wants to read something from
client RPC call. in Andrew's test it shows it is in reading RPC request
data (reasonable. since other meta data size is quite small).  although
client follows request-receive style, when multiple clients share the
connection(the default case), the synchronization window when writing to
the same channel is quite small. if those request data have big size, there
might be a sudden rush to the transportation layer..might causing RPC
server could not receive the data in time due to congestion control,
without hbase11277, the reader get 0 byte read again and again...

with hbase11277 the problem should be resolved - we get back to complete
non-blocking IO, but it is still worth investigation non-shared connection
under high workload(hbase11306).