hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HFile Reader in 0.96 and 0.98
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:53:06 GMT
Hi Guillermo,

If you need a portable way to access HFiles, lets say in a MR job
the TableSnapshotInputFormat is the best option if that works for your use
case. Otherwise if you still want to use HFile.createReader() across major
releases of HBase you might want to use reflection to verify if the method
has a specific signature and then use the right one depending on the
version of HBase you want to use.

cheers,
esteban.

--