hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <olorinb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the impact if hbase master downs?
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 07:45:24 GMT
Hi Yanglin,

what exactly do you mean by "system..need to take any failover" - any
manual action by cluster admin? Failover happens automatically based on
zookeeper timeout for current active master. Currently, hbase cluster has 1
active master and several backup masters. When backup masters notice active
master going down, they elect new one, and the new one takes over
responsibilities.

-Mikhail

--
Thanks,