hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tom Brown <tombrow...@gmail.com>
Subject Manually control regionserver hostname
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:52:39 GMT
Hello,

I wish to manually specify the hostname that the master uses to address a
particular regionserver. My machines have multiple names (a friendly one,
and an internal VMish one). Both names resolve just fine within the
environment, but only the friendly ones resolve from outside the
environment.

For my own sanity when viewing UIs and such, I would prefer to have the
master display the friendly names instead of the internal names. I don't
have control over the DNS environment, so I can't just correct the reverse
IP lookups.

Is there any configuration directive I can specify on the regionserver to
override the hostname that's used for that regionserver on the master?

--Tom