hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Bertozzi <theo.berto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: restoring old hbase backup in new hbase
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:20:02 GMT
not without a bit of manual work..
since the 96 introduced a change to the fs layout for the namespace
you have to add the extra namespace folder that is missing.

assuming that all snapshots are exported under /my-backup-dir
you have to do something like:
$ mv /my-backup-dir/.archive /my-backup-dir/archive
$ mkdir /my-backup-dir/archive/default
$ mv /my-backup-dir/archive/* /my-backup-dir/archive/default

to rename the "archive" dir and add the "default" namespace dir that will
contains all the table files.