hbase-user mailing list archives

From Weichen YE <yeweichen2...@gmail.com>
Subject Create permission in global scope disappeared after HMaster restart
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 05:57:30 GMT
Hi, all,

I have been using HBase 0.94 . Now I use the following hbase shell command
to give the user "Tom" the create and admin permission in global scope:

                        hbase(main):001:0> grant 'Tom','RWCXA'

After that, the user 'Tom' have the permission to create new table, we
create a new table 'Tom-Table'. now in "_acl_" table we can see the
following two rows

ROW                                   COLUMN+CELL

 Tom-Table                          column=l:Tom, timestamp=1404279643504,
value=RWXCA

 _acl_                                   column=l:Tom,
timestamp=1404279584901, value=RWCXA

Now the problem is, after I restart the HMaster, the user 'Tom' lose the
ability to create a new table. The error log shows:"ERROR:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Insufficient
permissions for user 'Tom' (global, action=CREATE)"

So, it seems that user "Tom" can not keep the create permission in global
scope after HMaster restarted. Anyone knows how to fix this? Or is there
another way to give a user permanent create permission in global scope?