hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shushant Arora <shushantaror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pre split region server
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 07:25:35 GMT
Thanks!
Few more doubts

1.When I don't supply SPLITS at table creation , all put operation will go
to one region only.
 But when region grows more than hbase.hregion.max.filesize , then 2
regions will be created both have half-half data or another will be empty
initially?
2.If both have 50-50% data and row key is monotonically increasing then 1
region will be half filled always and will never be filled again ?
3.While prespliting table only way is to specify row boundaries and key
prefixes  ?Say if i don't know key ranges , as in my case its GUID
hexadecimal 32 character string , what should be region split boundary ?
and How many splits should be created - is it equal to no of regionserver
aka datanodes ?
4.For keys of type ACTIVITYTYPE-DATE (where activity type has 2 values
1.login 2.logout) what should be split strategy ?