hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arun Allamsetty <arun.allamse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using HBase in standalone mode in production
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 23:25:33 GMT
Hi Ted,

I have. So the book says there are two types of distributed modes. One is
pseudo distributed, which is used when we want to test HBase's distributed
capabilities using a single machine. As far as I understood, this is just
to verify the use cases and the requirements. Then we have the fully
distributed mode in which HBase can be installed over multiple machines.

I understand both the scenarios. But what if my application is not large
enough to leverage the distributed mode and the pseudo distributed mode is
pretty much for a PoC. Since the pseudo distributed mode won't be able to
provide any fault tolerance, can one use the standalone mode in production.

I hope my question is clear even if it does not make much sense.