hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to see old tables after migrating from 0.94 to 0.98
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 03:39:06 GMT
Please find my reply inline.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 5:45 PM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Stack,
> >
> > I basically did full table scan for hbase:meta by running this(since
> > cluster has 2-3 regions only): scan 'hbase:meta', {RAW => true, VERSIONS
> =>
> > 10}
> > Output of above query shows rows for "hbase:namespace" and "dummy" table.
> > So, it seems like hbase:meta doesn't have any old data.
> >

> Yeah. Check size of the hbase:meta region.  If small, yeah, may not have
> the above.  If you look around in hdfs, you see an old .META. dir?
>
> Anil: Yes, it looks like this dir "/hbase/.META." has data of meta table
before upgrade to 0.98. Are there any non-backward compatible changes in
META?
Is it possible to just import the HFile of 0.94 in hbase:meta table? It
seems like directory structure under hdfs has changes in 0.98. I am unable
to find directories for a table "dummy" i created in 0.98.

> > Our sysadmin team is still trying to locate all the logs. However, i
> > remember one error that i resolved. I was related to "hbase.versions"
> file.
> > It was some complaint about Protbouf version. I deleted hbase.versions
> file
> > and then HBase came up.
>

> Hmm. So, it probably thought this a new install and just created the new
> layout.  Is the old 0.94 data is adjacent to the new layout?

Anil: Yes, that's what i feel. The upgrade happened as it was a fresh
install. Does it seems like a bug in upgrade?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta